Please join Our Sanctuary as we host Whapio and The Matrona for a 4-day immersive doula certification program!!
The workshop will be held at our new FULL location in Sag Harbor!! The entire property will be available for students to stay, eat together, and participate in the training. This is a community focused event for people interested in learning more about the transformative experience of birth in a beautifully held community environment. Come to learn and have fun!
"At The Matrona, we believe that childbirth is a transformative event
and pregnant women have access to altered states of consciousness that allow them to have an expanded perspective of life and of themselves.
This culminates in the birthing process.
We realize that many women desire to be witnessed, rather than managed, in this extraordinary experience. We put a different spin on what it really means to support and witness a woman and we explore what it means to nurture a mom during her childbearing cycle.
The Matrona Holistic Birth Doula program is comprehensive in its scope.
We teach a practical and well rounded body of information about childbirth...
all the basics...yet the material is presented holistically and with a balance of the intuitive and the clinical.
You will learn -
• Feminine A&P, the pelvis, the hormones of the reproductive system and the female cycles.
• How to compute the correct date of birth.
• How to understand birth as an organic process and how to support a mother’s choices in various places...home, hospital, birthing center.
• How to articulate and navigate through the cultural perspectives concerning birth.
• How to nurture a pregnant woman.
• How the baby navigates the pelvis during the process of labor
• How birth unfolds without interference and how to facilitate women in that process.
• The authentic role of the father/partner in birth
• Options in childbirth...choosing caregivers, waterbirth, positions for delivery
• Understanding the cervix...dilation and effacement, cervical lips, ruffling the membranes, Bishop’s score for induction.
• How to understand some of the controversial topics in childbirth...ultrasound, induction of labor, rupture of membranes, Group Beta strep, cord clamping...
• How to tend placentas and offer Placenta Readings.
• How to create win/win and collaborative solutions when things do not go as planned.
• How to present yourself as a doula in the community and how to integrate your practice of woman care with the knowledge of birth.
We offer a family-centered perspective on birth and we expand the mainstream information found in many of the available books on childbirth.
We also explore some mind-blowing facts such as -
• Why and how women are the ancestral sex and exactly how fertilization takes places as a team event.
• The brain wave states and patterns of altered states of consciousness that are part of every childbirth experience.
• The journey of birth in a new language that represents childbirth as the mystical and transformative journey that it is...the Holistic Stages of Birth.
Our entire class is dedicated to the exploration of the experience of childbirth and its ramifications on the soul and spirit as well as on the body."
Class tuition is $545. Some scholarships are available for those in need. There is an additional $150 fee to stay on site during the workshop. $50 deposit is required to hold your spot. Deposits can be made directly to The Matrona via PayPal @email@example.com.
Log on to Paypal and pay through Family and Friends to this address:
Please fill in the Note section with your name, email and the program and location you are attending.
You will receive a confirmation from The Matrona within 48 hours indicating that your payment was received and you are registered.
PayPal also sends a confirmation to you.
We also offer payment plans whereby you can continue to make payments prior to the class and we will keep track for you.
Approximately two weeks before the start of class you will receive a Welcome Letter from Whapio detailing logistics and what to bring to class.
For more information about the curriculum contact Whapio at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further info, please Maya-Lin Green via email Greenmayalin.email@example.com or phone (610) 717-2948
Love and Gratitude